Date: Monthly on Sundays on the fall and winter terms
Time: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Location: Various, Hart House
Bring your family to Hart House one Sunday a month for fun, interactive and educational family events that explore cultural diversity through storytelling, music, food, arts and crafts.
For more details, please visit the Hart House website.
Family drop-in programs are offered for students and members in skating, squash/table tennis and swimming at designated times. For the purposes of Family Drop-in programs adults are defined as any member of a family who is 18 years of age and older. A child is defined as any member of a family who is 17 years of age or younger.
Visit the Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education website for more details and schedules.
Date: Thursday, January 17, 2019
Time: 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Location: GSU Loft*
Kick off your children’s PA Day weekend! The Family Care Office, UTGSU, and Hart House present a fun and relaxing night for student parents and their partners and children. We will have activities for your child at Grad Loft where they can do their homework, make buttons, colour, and play with other children while we meet in the same space. Pizza for U of T student parents and their partners and children. Don’t miss out! Register at firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name and age. Also, please let us know if you have any dietary requirements or accommodation requests. All U of T student parents are welcome to attend!
*Access: The UTGSU Building is not fully wheel chair accessible.
Date: Friday, January 18, 2019 (P.A. Day)
Time: 2:30 – 3:30 pm
Location: U of T Athletic Centre, 55 Harbord St. (at Spadina)
|Family Physical Activity||2:30 pm – 3:00 pm|
|Free pizza for families who participated in the physical activity||3:00 pm|
|Varsity Blues grand prix swim meet at the Varsity pool||3:30 pm|
Family Swim Meet is free for U of T students, staff, faculty, postdoctoral fellows and their partners and children!
E-mail email@example.com and include your name, status with U of T, ages of all participating children, and any dietary restrictions by Wednesday, January 16 @ 5:00 pm.
- Children aged 18 months to 12 years of age are welcome for pizza and the Swim Meet, the physical activity is geared for children aged 4 – 6 years.
- Children should dress for physical activity, in running shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Children MUST participate with an adult and a maximum of two children per adult is permitted.
- This is a not a drop off program, caregivers must remain at all times.
- Absolutely NO GLASS is permitted in the pool gallery.
- The Varsity Pool gallery can be very hot, crowded and loud at swim meets. You may want to bring earplugs for children and wear light clothing. The gallery is concrete with many stairs. Please supervise younger children carefully and remain within arm’s reach at all times for safety. Strollers cannot be brought into the pool gallery, but may be left outside the gallery.
Event co-sponsored by the Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education and the Family Care Office.
Date: Sunday, January 27, 2019
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport, 100 Devonshire Place
Get active! Bring your children 4 and up to a dance party!
Free to all U of T students, members and caregivers. Please sign in at the front desk at arrival.
Date: Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: Centre for International Experience, Baldwin Room
What would it be like to write together? What might you say? How would you start? Would a bowl of words help?
In this workshop, let yourself be guided on a writing spree of stories, poems, lists, letters and random details of your lives. A playful, fun way to connect that lets you go home with more stories than you came with.
No writing experience necessary. Ages 8 and up.
Students, staff, faculty and their families are FREE but space is limited, please register soon. Please let us know if you have any mobility challenges so we can accommodate your needs.