Location: Online (link will be emailed)
Get the information you need from the comfort of your own computer/phone. A Family Care Advisor will be available to chat and answer questions on:
- Child care & child care subsidies
- Children’s programs
- Balancing study and family (and work too, if that is your case)
- How to get connected with a peer mentor
- Other issues that student parents have to deal with
All prospective, new, current U of T student parents and their partner/spouse are welcome, registration required.Register for Workshop
Date: Wednesday, June 19, 2019
Time: 10:00 – 11:30 am
Location: Robarts Library, Family Study Space, 9th Floor, Room 9-002.
The Innovation Hub, in partnership with the Family Care Office, is looking to hear from student-parents on how U of T can be more family-friendly. Join us to learn about the results of a research project the Innovation Hub conducted last year with student parents and then participate in interactive activities and dialogue that will generate practical ideas for how the university can better support student parents. Your contributions will influence the future direction of student life programming and services.
As a thank you for participating, each participant will be provided with a $10 coffee gift card.
Facilitators: Innovation Hub staff members
University of Toronto current students are welcome. You are also welcome to bring your child(ren) to this space, but please be advised you will be required to provide supervision. We will have some toys and activities for the younger children under 5 years of age. Light refreshments will be provided.
Please note, if you cannot attend the event, but would like to provide feedback, please contact email@example.com.Register for Workshop
|Faculty||Monday, August 12|
|Staff||Tuesday, August 13|
Time: 12:00 – 2:00 pm
Location: Koffler Student Services Centre, 214 College St., Room 313
Please register early. Registration closes 1 week prior to each workshop.
Becoming a parent is one of the most monumental experiences in a person’s life. Unfortunately, children do not come with foolproof instructions!
Combining a career and family life presents special challenges. This workshop adopts a highly practical approach to preparing faculty, staff and librarians for pregnancy / parental / and adoption leave, and for a successful return to work. While you may attend the seminar at any point during your pregnancy or adoption process, the ideal time is about three months prior to the arrival of your child. Topics will include:
- Forms and more forms – a guide to government maternity / parental benefits & U of T policies
- Planning your return to work
- Resources on campus and in the community that will make your life easier
- Do we really need all that equipment? – a guide to baby paraphernalia
- Helping older children and pets to adjust
- Enjoying it all!
Please register early, space is limited! All University of Toronto staff and faculty are welcome. Please let us know if you have any mobility challenges so we can accommodate your needs.Register for Workshop
Date: Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Time: 12:00 – 1:30 pm
Location: Koffler Student Services Building, 214 College St., Room 313
A practical session to help you choose the child care option that will best meet the needs of your family. At this session you will:
- Find out what are the childcare options available
- Learn what factors to consider when looking at options, choices, and caregivers
- Learn how to find a childcare centre and individual caregivers
- Learn about the latest changes in the system
- Find out about the financial assistance available and waiting lists
Registration required. University of Toronto students, staff, faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and their families are welcome. Please let us know if you have any mobility challenges so we can accommodate your needs.Register for Workshop