- 3 Ways to Celebrate Halloween in a Pandemicby amandacheung on October 5, 2020 at 12:30 pm
As the leaves change colour outside, families during this time of year are usually caught up in the excitement of... Read more »
- Three things I wish I knew about being both a parent and a grad student at U of Tby intersections on October 1, 2020 at 3:03 pm
J. Sparks, Graduate Student, University of Toronto If I had an opportunity to go back in time, I would have... Read more »
UTM Childcare Grant
Date: October 13, 2020
The UTM Child Care Grant application is now open. Visit here. The deadline for eligible SUMMER 2020 child care expenses is Friday Oct 30, 2020.
Loving to Learn
Date: October 7, 2020
Join us for an online workshop series for parents beginning October 19th. This workshop series will:
- Encourage literacy and love of language, math and numeracy skills, and some of the dispositions of learning such as problem solving, curiosity, flexible thinking, etc.
- Allow participants to connect through a virtual Conversation Café discussion board.
- Locate a variety of resources for additional information
- Your child(ren) should be between the ages of 2 and 10 years old.
Teaching Children, Tweens, and Teens Consent- with Dr. Nadine Thornhill
Date: October 1, 2020
In partnership with the Sexual Violence Prevention & Support Centre at UofT, a three part webinar series has been developed where you will hear from Dr. Nadine Thornhill, an educator specializing in child and adolescent sexuality. For over a decade, Nadine has been helping folks have honest, open conversations with their kids and teens about bodies, relationships, and more. The series will cover: Teaching Children About Consent, Teaching Tweens About Consent, Teaching Teens About Consent. See here.
Childcare Spaces Available on Campus
Date: September 15, 2020
Childcare spaces available at the following locations:
Family Care Office: Service Update
Date: June 15, 2020
We remain open and available to provide support to members of our community. As of Tuesday, March 17, 2020, we will predominately be providing our services remotely through phone and videoconferencing. We encourage individuals to contact us by phone or email to set-up an appointment. We remain dedicated to ensuring our services remain accessible and uphold our commitment to confidentiality and privacy. Please note that we will not be taking drop-in appointments at this time. Our Office hours are Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. To access support, we request that individuals e-mail email@example.com or call (416-978-0951) to book an appointment. For more information, please visit our website at https://familycare.utoronto.ca/ All information regarding the University’s response to the COVID-19 coronavirus can be found on the University of Toronto website. Responses to many Frequently Asked Questions from the U of T community about the coronavirus are also available.