This introductory, hands-on, workshop will teach parents and caregivers how to communicate with their baby using basic signs. Learn what baby sign is all about and how you and your baby can benefit from this amazing form of early communication. In this session we will discuss:
- Recent research on the benefits in language and cognition.
- Effective ways to teach signs at home.
- Basic signs you can start using right away!
- What to expect as your baby transitions from signs to speech.
- Where to find resources such as sign language classes (fun for the whole family!)
Facilitator: Sharmeen Abeysinghe, Early Childhood Educator, University of Toronto ELC