This is an education support group for caregivers of seniors with dementia. It is a 6 week program for non-spousal, adult family caregivers.
Each session provides education on relevant topics and facilitated support for participants.
- Increase understanding of dementia and behaviour
- Feel a greater sense of control
- Experience reduced isolation
- Learn tools and strategies for coping
- Achieve greater understanding of the healthcare system
- Learn about resources and how to access them
- Explore ways to care for yourself
Group facilitated by Elaine Kohn, MSW, RSW and Lesley Patterson, MSW, RSW experienced Social Workers from Baycrest Health Sciences Centre.
This discussion group is a partnership between Baycrest Health Sciences Centre and the University of Toronto Family Care Office.