The aim of the session is to lend insight into the challenges frequently faced by LGBTQ families whose children are attending school or are in a daycare setting. Panelists will:
- discuss indicators of early learning environments that are inclusive of LGBTQ issues and share strategies to ensure the inclusion of queer issues in the early childhood classroom
- provide insight into current and emerging strategies for assisting a child in the Toronto District School Board (TDSB)
- provide information and resources for working with programs in support of children reared in LGBTQ-headed households
- Ryan Campbell is a supervisor at the UofT Early Learning Centre and he is the co-author of Building Bridges: Queer Families in Early Childhood Education;
- Steven Solomon, MSW, RSW, PhD.(c) is a School Social Worker with the Human Sexuality Program, Triangle Program in the TDSB.
- Rosa Brooksis a co-op student in the TDSB and co-facilitates COLAGE.