Becoming a parent is one of the most monumental experiences in a person’s life. Unfortunately, children do not come with foolproof instructions!
Combining a career and family life presents special challenges. This workshop adopts a highly practical approach to preparing faculty, staff and librarians for maternity / parental / and adoption leave, and for a successful return to work. While you may attend the seminar at any point during your pregnancy or adoption process, the ideal time is about three months prior to the arrival of your child. Topics will include:
- Forms and more forms – a guide to government maternity / parental benefits & U of T policies
- Planning your return to work
- Resources on campus and in the community that will make your life easier
- Do we really need all that equipment? – a guide to baby paraphernalia
- Helping older children and pets to adjust
- Enjoying it all!