Time & Location:
- 5:45 pm – U Can Move at the Goldring Centre – 100 Devonshire Pl.
- 7:00 pm – Men’s Hockey Game – Varsity Arena – 299 Bloor St. West
Join Varsity Blues for a fun-filled evening of activity! Families will participate in the U Can Move Physical Literacy program, and then cheer on the Varsity Blues men’s hockey team in the U of T Varsity Arena.
What is the U Can Move program?
Physical literacy is an essential part of a healthy and active lifestyle! Just like ABCs are important in learning how to read, Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) and Fundamental Sports Skills (FSS) are building blocks that allow children to move with confidence, play with skill and have fun in the long term! Being active for life is the ultimate goal.
From 5:45 – 6:30 pm, you’ll have the chance to participate in:
Active Start with caregiver — Children walking to age 3
Active Start + FUNdamentals — Children ages 4 – 12
Pizza will be served to families participating in the U Can Move Physical Literacy Program.
- Children should dress for physical activity, in running shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Children aged 18 months to 12 years of age are welcome.
- Children under the age of four MUST participate with an adult and a maximum of two children per adult is permitted.
- This is a not a drop off program, caregivers must remain at all times.
- The Varsity Arena can be very cold, crowded and loud at hockey games. You may want to bring earplugs and warm clothes for children. The arena is concrete with many stairs. Please supervise younger children carefully and remain within arm’s reach at all times for safety. Strollers cannot be brought into the arena, but may be left outside.
Varsity Blues Hockey
At 7pm the Men’s Varsity Blues Hockey team plays against the University of Waterloo at the Varsity Arena! Learn more by visiting www.varsityblues.ca
Registration required. To register please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, status with U of T, and ages of all participating family members. This is a free event for U of T student families. Staff, faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and their partners are welcome, and must purchase tickets in advance at https://varsityblues.universitytickets.com/w/default.aspx?cid=160. Space is limited.
Please let us know if you have any mobility challenges so we can accommodate your needs.