This workshop will provide family caregivers with an overview of Alzheimer’s disease focusing on the importance of early diagnosis and illustrates the progression of the disease.
- Gain a greater understanding of the process of diagnosis and medications available
- Develop a better, over-all understanding of dementia
- Increase your knowledge of the stages and progression of Alzheimer’s disease
- Better the caregiver’s insight into the person with dementia (PWD)
- Learn about community services and supports
Facilitator: Risa Kim, Social Worker, Alzheimer Society Toronto
Registration required. University of Toronto students, staff, faculty, and their partners are welcome. Please let us know if you have any mobility challenges so we can accommodate your needs.