Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Time: 12:00 – 1:30 pm
Location: Koffler Student Services Centre, 214 College St., Room 313
In this workshop presented by Parkinson Canada, the facilitator will:
- Provide a brief overview of Parkinson’s disease
- Review the motor and non-motor symptoms of Parkinson’s
- Explain the importance of taking medications on time
- Provide tips for caregivers as they support their loved ones with day to day living and with medications
- Discuss the supports provided by Parkinson Canada.
Facilitator: Maria Marano is the Community Development Coordinator for the Greater Toronto Area at Parkinson Canada. She is responsible for overseeing the support groups within the region as well as conducting Parkinson’s disease education and advocacy. She completed her M.Sc. at the University of Toronto where she studied the biological mechanisms of Parkinson’s disease at the Tanz Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases.