Date: Friday, May 10, 2019
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: HR Conference Room BV540, U of T Scarborough
Please register early. Registration closes 1 week prior to each workshop.
Becoming a parent is one of the most monumental experiences in a person’s life. Unfortunately, children do not come with foolproof instructions!
Combining a career and family life presents special challenges. This workshop adopts a highly practical approach to preparing faculty, staff and librarians for pregnancy / parental / and adoption leave, and for a successful return to work. While you may attend the seminar at any point during your pregnancy or adoption process, the ideal time is about three months prior to the arrival of your child. Topics will include:
- Forms and more forms – a guide to government pregnancy / parental benefits & U of T policies
- Planning your return to work
- Resources on campus and in the community that will make your life easier
- Do we really need all that equipment? – a guide to baby paraphernalia
- Helping older children and pets to adjust
- Enjoying it all!
Please register early, space is limited! All University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC) staff and faculty are welcome. Please let us know if you have any mobility challenges so we can accommodate your needs.