|Faculty||Monday, June 12
Monday, August 14
Monday, October 16
Monday, December 11
|Staff||Tuesday, May 2
Tuesday, June 13
Tuesday, August 15
Wednesday, October 18
Tuesday, November 14
Tuesday, December 12
Time: 12:00 – 2:00 pm
Location: Online – you will receive a webinar link prior to the workshop.
Please register early. Registration closes 1 week prior to each workshop.
Becoming a parent is one of the most monumental experiences in a person’s life. Unfortunately, children do not come with foolproof instructions!
Combining a career and family life presents special challenges. This workshop adopts a highly practical approach to preparing faculty, staff and librarians for pregnancy / parental / primary caregiver and adoption leave, and for a successful return to work. While you may attend the seminar at any point during your pregnancy or adoption process, the ideal time is about three months prior to the arrival of your child. Topics will include:
- Forms and more forms – a guide to government pregnancy/parental policies and benefits & U of T policies
- Planning your return to work
- Resources on campus and in the community that will make your life easier
- Do we really need all that equipment? – a guide to baby paraphernalia
- Helping older children and pets to adjust
- Enjoying it all!
Please register early, space is limited! All University of Toronto staff and faculty are welcome.
If you have any access needs to ensure your full participation in this event, please contact the Family Care Office and we will try our best to work with you and make appropriate arrangements.