Date: Mondays; January 16th & 23rd, February 13th & 27th
Time: 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Location: The webinar link will be shared with you via email prior to the session start time.
A group for U of T expecting parents and their partners and/or co-parents to:
- Gain insight into various aspects of pregnancy including nutrition, emotional and physical changes, labour and delivery, and post-partum issues such as feeding your baby.
- Find support and access resources.
- Meet guest speakers, exchange ideas and experiences with other expectant parents regarding various aspects of pregnancy and life with baby.
Winter 2023 Session dates:
|Equipment and Gadgets You Will Really Use||Monday, January 16th|
|Pregnancy Challenges & Care||Monday, January 23rd|
|The Birthing Experience||Monday, February 13th|
|Feeding Your Baby & Caring for Yourself||Monday, February 27th|
Expectant parents who are U of T students, staff, faculty and their partners and/or co-parents both are welcome to attend. Pre-registration required.
If you have any access needs to ensure your full participation in this event, please contact the Family Care Office and we will try our best to work with you and make appropriate arrangements.
The Family Care Office will be hosting a series of events and workshops related to fertility in the spring. The series is an opportunity for members of the U of T community who are on journeys, or considering journeys, that involve assisted reproductive technology and/or third-party reproduction to come together to learn and create connections.
All genders and sexual orientations are welcome!
The (In)Fertility Journeys series consists of:
- Sharing (In)Fertility Journeys: A panel discussion on March 1 12 – 1:30 pm (in person with a virtual option for those who cannot attend in person)
- Parenthood through Third-Party Reproduction on March 3 at 12 – 1 pm (online)
- Parenthood Through Surrogacy on March 31 at 12 – 1 pm (online)
- (In)Fertility Walk and Talk on April 12 12 – 1 pm
- (In)Fertility Walk and Talk on May 10 12 – 1 pm
Date: Thursdays, April 13, 20, 27, and May 4, 2023
Time: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Hybrid (physical location: 215 Huron St., Suite 603, Conference Room)
An in-person and online educational discussion group designed to help people deal positively with separation and divorce. Topics are driven by the need of its participants. They might include:
- Normalization of the separation experience
- Divorce as a lonely planet
- Individual coping skills and strategies to deal with fear
- Creating new adult attachment scripts
- The externalization of anger and conflict
- Dealing, feeling and healing
- Moving on and for the better
This group will be open to both parents with children and individuals without children. The first 3 sessions will focus on adult development and the last session will focus on children and parenting.
Facilitator: Michael Saini is a Professor, holds the endowed Chair in Law and Social Work at the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work, University of Toronto and is the Co-Director of the Combined J.D. and M.S.W. Program with the Faculty of Law at the University of Toronto. He conducts parenting plan evaluations, voice of the child reports, parent coaching and he provides parent education workshops on issues related to separation and divorce.
This is a hybrid discussion group (in person and online) and a cap of 7 registrants will be allowed to attend in person. Please register in the appropriate option on our registration system (i.e. select between in person and online).
Registration required. University of Toronto students, staff, postdoctoral fellows and faculty are welcome. Partners and family members (including chosen family members) who are co-caregivers with U of T students, staff, postdoctoral fellows and faculty are also welcome to attend. If you have any access needs to ensure your full participation in this event, please contact the Family Care Office and we will try our best to work with you and make appropriate arrangements.