Parenting does not come with a training manual! We all strive to be the best parents that we can be but may not know where to turn to in times of need. At the Family Care Office, we understand that today’s parents have multiple demands and needs and want to help you find the services and support. We hope that this parenting section will provide you with some helpful resources and information for your parenting concerns and development.Here is a list of useful websites on parenting. Our Library has also a number of books that address issues of parenting, pregnancy and health. For more detailed information about our resources check out our annotated bibliography.
- AboutKidsHealth Learning Hub: Teen
- Building Resilience in Young Children
A Booklet for parents of children from birth to six years, available as free PDF download
- CAMH: Tips for Parents On Building Healthy Relationships with their Teenagers
- Canadian Association of Family Resource Programs
- Caring for Kids
Provides parents with information about child’s health. Developed by the Canadian Paediatric Society.
- CBC Parents
- Child Development Institute
- Children’s Mental Health Ontario
- CMAS Canada: Newcomer Parent Resource Series
- Government of Canada: Healthy Living
- Kids Development
- Media Smarts
- Mental Health & Addictions: Family Navigation Project
Supports families and youth (13-26) navigate the mental health care system.
- Parents for Children’s Mental Health
- Public Health Agency of Canada: Childhood & Adolescence
- Public Health Agency of Canada: The Parent-Teen Relationship
- Terrific Toddlers webinar by CMAS
- Today’s Parent Magazine
The online version of the popular Canadian magazine that addresses a wide range of parenting and family related issues.
- Toronto Public Health