The Family Care Office has a small fund of money that is available to assist University of Toronto students with family responsibilities who wish to attend extra and co-curricular activities but are unable to because of child care costs.
Students who wish to participate in a U of T-related activity must apply for the child care cost reimbursement at least one business day in advance of the event by filling out an application form. If the application is approved, the reimbursement will be processed within 6 weeks and will be conditional upon the FCO receiving a child care costs receipt and proof of attendance at an event.
- Current undergraduate or graduate University of Toronto St. George campus student
- Expenses must be for child care costs only
- All child care minders must be 18 years of age or older
- Can only access the fund two times in a term
- Only extra and co-curricular activities will be eligible. Courses will not be considered.
- Event must take place locally.
- The maximum amount of reimbursement will be $100.00 per activity.
- The maximum allowable hourly rate that can be paid to your child care provider is $18.00/hour.
- Child care costs receipt and proof of attendance at a U of T activity must be provided within the same academic term in which the activity occured.