The FCO will be hiring the following positions for the 2019-2020 academic year:
- Peer Mentorship Coordinator (Job ID: 147820)
Coordinate the Family Care Office Peer Mentorship Program, including matching mentees with mentors, providing support and strategies to students with family responsibilities during drop-in hours and at family events.
- Workshop Coordinator (Job ID: 145906)
Assists with coordinating workshops and webinars, updating speakers database, developing program descriptions and facilitating speaker introductions
- Library and Communications Coordinator (Job ID: 145905)
Maintains the book inventory for a small resource library, updates internet-based information source, assist in writing articles and book reviews to promote the use of the library.
- Event and Promotions Coordinator (Job ID: 147883)
Assists with the promotions of workshops and events by creating digital screens, and putting up posters across campus bulletin boards.
You can find the positions using the Job ID numbers on the Career & Co-Curricular Learning Network.
Student Advisory Committee
The Family Care Office (FCO) has a Student Advisory Committee that meets 3 times during the academic year (usually in November, January and then in March).
This committee has been useful as a way for our office to hear directly from students about our service and programming. It has also been an opportunity for students with family responsibilities to provide feedback on their experiences as U of T students.
The committee’s role has been:
- To provide advice and recommendations for improvement on services currently offered by the FCO
- To provide advice on the outreach efforts of the office
- To assist in identifying new programs and initiatives for the FCO
- To comment on the policies of the Family Care Office and the university policies related to family issues.
- To identify future directions and potential areas for growth.
If you would have an interest in joining this committee, please email Kaye Francis, Manager, with your name, year and level of study, and brief outline of your family responsibilities.
As we hope to have a diverse representation of the student population on the committee, we may not be able to accept all of the volunteer applications.
This is an approved Co-Curricular Record opportunity.