- Employee Family Assistance Program. The Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) is available to employees of the University of Toronto who are eligible to participate in the University’s group benefit programs, and their dependents. It is free and operated by an external provider, LifeWorks. Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and include short-term counselling and referral services. To speak with a representative, call 1-800-663-1142.
- OISE Psychology Clinic. The OISE clinic offers counselling and psychotherapy for students, staff, faculty and the community. The clinic is open during the academic year (September to April). Services are provided at low cost, with flexible payment plans and a sliding scale fee based on clients’ needs. To make an appointment, call the Intake Line at 416-978-0654.
Services in the Community
- Gerstein Crisis Centre. The Gerstein Crisis Centre is a 24-hour community-based mental health crisis service for adults in Toronto. The centre offers a 24 hour crisis line, 416-929-5200, for callers experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Family Service Toronto. Family Service Toronto, located at 355 Church Street, offers a free single counselling session for adults in Toronto on Wednesdays from 3:30pm-7:30pm. Registration begins at 3 pm and the last appointment starts 6:15pm.
- Distress Centres of Toronto. The Distress Centres of Toronto/Scarborough offer 24-hour telephone support, at 416-408-4357, to individuals in crisis as well as referrals to community agencies.
- Peel Crisis Services. Peel Crisis Services offers 24-hour crisis intervention services (phone and outreach) to people in Peel Region. Call 905-278-9036 to access services.