- The University’s Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP), offers a variety of services and supports to all staff, faculty, and librarians. Resources include confidential short–term counselling, coaching, information, and support for various types of issues relating to mental health, health management, and achieving greater personal and workplace well-being, among others. This program is provided at no cost 24 hours per day, 365 days a year. Call toll-free 1-855-597-2110.
- OISE Psychology Clinic. The OISE clinic offers counselling and psychotherapy for students, staff, faculty and the community. The clinic is open during the academic year (September to April). Services are provided at low cost, with flexible payment plans and a sliding scale fee based on clients’ needs. To make an appointment, call the Intake Line at 416-978-0654.
Services in the Community
- Gerstein Crisis Centre. The Gerstein Crisis Centre is a 24-hour community-based mental health crisis service for adults in Toronto. The centre offers a 24 hour crisis line, 416-929-5200, for callers experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Family Service Toronto. Family Service Toronto, located at 355 Church Street, offers a free single counselling session for adults in Toronto on Wednesdays from 3:30pm-7:30pm. Registration begins at 3 pm and the last appointment starts 6:15pm.
- Distress Centres of Toronto. The Distress Centres of Toronto/Scarborough offer 24-hour telephone support, at 416-408-4357, to individuals in crisis as well as referrals to community agencies.
- Peel Crisis Services. Peel Crisis Services offers 24-hour crisis intervention services (phone and outreach) to people in Peel Region. Call 905-278-9036 to access services.